Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Karen and the Future of the Go Zone

Wayne tells me that Karen is improving, but slowly, and won't be home from rehab for a while yet. He hasn't been able to post to the Go Zone because of ongoing verification problems with his sign in protocol. His frustrations are very real and he has decided to drop out of the league rather than fight Google every week.

When this same situation occurred earlier in the year, I investigated other blog offering sites, but found only one with roughly the same characteristics as Blogger. Wayne had suggested Yahoo as exemplary for blogs, but their restrictions on images was so small that the grid would be unreadable on it. Similar problems with other blogs, including restrictions to 6 authors, and inability to process images caused me to renew my efforts to get Google working for Wayne, but that didn't last for long.

If anyone knows of a blog site that accepts large images and has unlimited authors, please get that information to me. But you better use text, because I plan on being out on my boat most of the time.

Did I mention I bought a boat with the money I got from selling my bike? Well here it is:



It would be sad to lose Wayne from the league. Anyone who has a solution, please get in touch.