Tuesday, January 10, 2023

The Ghost to the Rescue

 


During the last SAC meeting, it was discussed that the proposed changes around starting the playoffs with zero points. An observation was made that the change benefitted everyone except the current reigning regular season champion Ed. While all others get a fresh chance at a title, Ed's immense benefit of starting the playoffs with a 10 point cushion would dissipate. 

With this in mind, the Commish called Ed to get his reaction. After explaining the changes and pointing out that he was the only one damaged by the change, I offered to start the change next year and let him have his hard earned advantage. 

His reaction: "I like the idea of starting over for the playoffs," he said. "I think we should do it this year. It is more important that everyone is interested and having fun with a chance for a trophy than me having a big lead."

I was floored. 

Thank you Ed for your integrity, your class and your love of the game.